There’s at least one mistake travelers experience that can absofrigginlutely tank your trip. One of the secret ingredients to any trip is your hotel and finding the perfect stay. So, what happens when you make the right pick?
No idea? Keep reading.
If you’re planning a trip to Bangkok, this blog post has some solid advice. It’s a long one, but based it’s based on my many personal experiences at Silq Hotel – hope you dig it!
Boutique hotels such as Silq, offer personalized service, complimentary free breakfast, they know your room preferences after repeat visits, first name basis is status quo, no guest congestion, and they offer select amenities.
To get started, there are no words necessary. My suite spot speaks for itself. Click here for video.
Silq Hotel is located right in the hub-bub of Sukhumvit Soi 19, about a 5 minute walk from Sukhumvit BTS (Skytrain)/MRT (Subway) stations.
I cannot emphasize this enough if you’re a first-timer to Bangkok.
It’s key for YOU to be centrally located in the heart of the city to avoid traffic congestion, be in close proximity all tourist activities, or having the ability wander around town on foot. If you are a repeater or world savvy traveler, by definition, YOU are either a creature of habit or maybe open to trying a new experience.
That said, I want to share with you why this personal fave. Here are 5 reasons why you get value for your money:
1. Location, location, location
This hotel location is prime for any traveler! Not only is Soi 19 one of the richest Soi’s in Bangkok, but great spas, shopping malls, street food and markets, eclectic range of high-end restaurants, and public transportation options surround you.
Every hotel guest receives a complimentary buffet breakfast and a la carte options from the menu. Breakfast starts from 7-10 am. After eating breakfast, trust me, you won’t have to eat again until late afternoon. They have excellent Thai local and international lunch and dinner options available, if needed.
This simple modern sleek stylish hotel has 8 floors and 40 rooms. This is an extremely quiet hotel, which reminds you of the quietness of your own home. I usually opt for a deluxe corner room facing Soi 19 on the 7th floor (705 to be exact) so I can have an aerial view of outside and traffic. Silq has great online promotions, so before booking, make sure you check them on their website www.silqhotel.com.
- If you have a multi-city trip and you’re returning to Bangkok at a later date, you can leave your baggage for storage.
- If you have an early morning flight, staff will box your breakfast to go. As a courtesy let them know the day before.
- If you forget you international converters, they have them available.
- Free SIM cards with long-term stays or for purchase.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Check out the laundry prices hanging in the closet. Laundry service – clothes come back neatly folded and packaged. Excellent for packing.
- Complimentary bottles of water stocked in the fridge each day.
- Hotel cards: carry this at all times so you can show taxi or tuk tuks where you are staying. Reverse side of card is in Thai language.
- If their hotel is booked, check out their sister hotel Sacha Uno (http://www.hotel-uno.com/sacha/)
- Airport transfers are available.
- This is one of the faces to remember – the Bartender (Kenny?). He remembers me every time.
- Bellhops will negotiate taxi fares on your behalf
- Friendly desk staff makes you feel welcome each time leave and return to the hotel
- General Manager Khun Kanchana is always willing to help and go above and beyond call of duty.
- Staff is very responsive to email and they have even called me long distance to follow up on my arrival time.
I’ll level with you.
The only one negative experience I had in one room was fixed with a positive outcome, so I really don’t have anything bad to say!
And you know what?
And if you love the post, do me a favor and let me know what you think about the advice or share your experience with others in the comments section. When I want savvy or hip I visit Smart Bangkok Travel.