Profile of sarahjane
- Date Registered:
- 2010-08-23 12:28:51
- Jabber / Google Talk:
- Biographical Info:
- Born in New Zealand, Sarah Jane has been travelling since she was 2 years old and has never been able to shake the excitement of learning and seeing something new. Spending non-travelling years at Melbourne University and while working in magazine, book and electronic publishing, she has since made an art of being an expat. Living in her third overseas home in a decade, she now drags her family on regular travel adventures. She has published travel articles in Australia, New Zealand and Malaysia in publications including: Vacations and Travel magazine, Holidays with Kids, Expatriate Lifestyle, Get up and Go, The Age and the Sunday Star Times.
Aside from having a keen interest in just about everything, Sarah Jane’s great passions are: food, yoga, the environment, books, family and friends.
- Where I've visited:
- Where I have visited: England, Wales, France, Germany, Austria, Yugoslavia (a long time ago!), Italy, Belgium, USA, Canada, Japan, Thailand, Korea, Bali, Malaysia, Brunei, Philippines, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, New Zealand, Australia.
- Favorite Cities:
- Favourite cities: (so far) Osaka, Melbourne, Ho Chi Minh, Auckland, Hong Kong, Cambridge.
- Recommended Destinations:
- Recommended destinations: driving around Australia and New Zealand and along the west coast of the USA (the Big Sur) are hard to beat for those who love road trips (as much as I do). Vietnam is at the top of my list for its food and art and Bali for the same reasons. Japan is a great destination − particularly Kansai, which has so much to see in a small space. And I love Borneo for the exuberance of its jungle and the warmth of its people.