Profile of Alex
- Date Registered:
- 2009-12-03 11:49:05
- Jabber / Google Talk:
- Biographical Info:
- Alex Gunn runs a small unusual travel company called The Life Change People People based in Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand. After several diverse careers as a circus performer, school teacher, psychotherapist, stunt pilot and university lecturer he can now be found poking about far flung markets, museums, restaurants and odd places in and around Chiang Mai.
When not running his company or writing about the joys of life in Northern Thailand he writes about motivational psychology. He recently received a prestigious Beacon Award from the UK government for his creation and management of a new BSc degree in motivation and health behaviour change. He lives just outside Chiang Mai with his wife and 2 children.
- Where I've visited:
- South India, Vietnam, Myanmar and Thailand.
- Favorite Cities:
- Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Recommended Destinations:
- All of the above.......and Prachuap Khiri Khan city......plus the many beaches which line that coast going South including Ban Krut.
- Travelling more, with my family in S.E. Asia, eating our way round markets and street corners.
Motivation and Change Therapy.
Traditional medicine and holistic health care.
Reading detective novels.
Posts by Alex
3 Must Try Thai Foods That You Won’t Find In Restaurants In Thailand,
08 Mar 2015 in Destination& Food & Drink& Interest
Chiang Mai Food,
12 Oct 2011 in Food & Drink
Magical Mystery Food Tour around Chiang Mai,
26 May 2011 in Food & Drink
Chiang Mai Has Gone Bananas,
11 Mar 2011 in Destination& Food & Drink& Interest
The Mighty Thai Avocado – Setting The Record Straight.,
13 Oct 2010 in Food & Drink
The Twilight Tree Top Spear Fishermen of Chiang Mai,
18 Aug 2010 in Destination& Interest
What To Buy In Thai Food Markets.,
07 Jun 2010 in Food & Drink
The Best Family Restaurants in Chiang Mai,
10 May 2010 in Destination& Food & Drink& Interest& Photo Blog
Forgotten Waterways of Chiang Mai,
10 May 2010 in Destination& Interest& Photo Blog
The Top 3 Alternative Things To Do In Chiang Mai,
25 Apr 2010 in Destination& Interest